SuperGrain Sorghum Penne is made from a naturally gluten free ancient grain with a slight sweet taste. Its enjoyment value is high, it keeps its texture perfectly even after cooking.
- Easily digestible
- Rich in vitamin-B’s, such as thiamin, niacin
- High content of iron, phosphorus, potassium
- It promotes healthy metabolism due to its high levels magnesium and copper levels
- Its resistant starch and protein content absorbs slowly in the body, which is reduces the load for our internal organs, and promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Psyllium husk is an ideal fibre source for those, who are sensitive to wheat. It has a calming effect on the sensitive intestines, which could be troubled by the fibres of wheat
- The red grape seed flour adds additional antioxidant properties to the pasta, made up of two types of antioxidants: bioflavonoids and polyphenols
- Certified by Sugar Wise.
Ingredients: Sorghum flour, Psyllium husk, Red grape seed flour
SuperGrain Sorghum Penne - 250g
SuperSeed & SuperGrain Artisan Pasta was born from two gardener’s long standing dream of making healthy, nutritious & tasty gluten free pasta. You might ask who are these gardeners?
We are: Marianna, a coeliac and dyslexic (gardener), and Keith (soulmate) a gluten intolerant & diabetic gardener. We apologise for all the spelling mistakes, even before they are discovered. We make much better pasta, compared to our ability to spell. I promise.
We are both passionate about food and healthy living, so started to make pasta out of ancient grains and seeds we knew as gardeners and already used them in our kitchen, only sprinkling on our lunch and dinner. The pastas we made proved to be scrumptious & flavoursome, so we decided to try to make a living out of it...
You can ask why?
Because we believe our pastas are good for everyone (not just for gardeners!), they are full of nutrition, have low sugar levels (great for diabetics) and bursting with protein and fibre! They will keep you on the move – no more energy slump after having a delicious pasta meal.
Our approach is fresh, but the methods we use are traditional to give you good, tasty products with a homemade feel. We hope our creative approach to gluten free pasta making will pleasantly surprise you!
Having tried both the Millet Penne and Sesame Fusilli, I was mightily impressed by Nomad Health's talents. Not being Gluten intolerant, I can only judge based upon texture and flavour and on both counts they performed really well and I doubt anyone trying the pasta would be aware they were eating anything other than delicious tasting pasta. Another BIG plus point is the cooking time, which is around 80% quicker than traditional pasta (perfect to stir into a soup prior to serving).